Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Finally All Under One Roof!!!



After being home for a little while, and he was speaking English very well, he started telling me stories of Ghana.  He wouldn’t tell them in front of anyone, he waited till it was about time for bed and me and him would go into my bedroom and lay down to wind down.  He would start talking; some of the stories would just make me cry.  I questioned some of them to some of the older boys that I had become friends with on facebook, and they confirmed them to be true.  After several stories I started falling in love with his little best friend, they had done everything together. 
Christmas 2011

One day while I was cutting his hair, his daddy came home and he said “hey daddy I want you to be Henrys daddy and momma to be his momma.”  Jacky looked at me and said “Wendy did you tell him to say that to me?”  I told him that he hadn’t even said that to me, I wasn’t expecting that one.  I didn’t mention his little best friend to him because all he would say is how much he wanted us to bring him home to live with us.  He would tell us that he didn’t have anything and he wanted to share his stuff with him. 



I did start thinking, while we were there in October, we had took Koby some little hot wheels cars and he took them to the orphanage and gave them to all his little friends.  That made me start crying. For weeks I cried all the time.  Jacky didn’t know what was wrong with me.  We would talk about the kids at the orphanage and I couldn’t help but cry.  I am a BIG BABY when it comes to those kids! 

 
I wanted to start the process over again and bring home his little best friend.  Jacky wasn’t on board.  He said the process scared him.  He didn’t want to go thru all that again, our process with Koby was so smooth, and he was worried that we wouldn’t get it so smooth again.  He had a few fears so I wouldn’t bring it up to him.  But I did pray and ask God, if it was meant to be, if we were supposed to bring him home then God would have to give Jacky peace about it.  After that prayer, God gave me peace, so I knew we would bring him home I just didn’t know when.  Jacky would come home and talk about if we brought another child home, and talking about Koby’s best friend, and other little things, so I knew God was working on him. And it wouldn’t be long before he would have the same peace that I have.  But it did take him longer than I liked. 


One of my good friends had adopted a little girl, and after their adoption went to court, and she got her papers, she called me and said that he was listed as her little girls’ brother.  We didn’t know that either one of them had a sibling.  After she brought her home, we talked about it, and first his best friend left and now his sister left.  I personally think that is what broke Jacky’s heart.  Because not to long after that, in July 2012 we were in the car going to my sister’s house and he started the conversation about bringing him home.  (by the way, he told everyone that’s all I talked about, but he was the one that brought it up, and yes if he brings it up, I’m gonna talk about it, lol) He looked at me and said “email the POA and tell him we want to start the process to bring him home” Oh my goodness, I was so excited, but not emotional, for some odd reason!  So I emailed him and asked if he was available for adoption.   He said he was almost sure he was, but he would make sure and let me know.  Well that email waiting on an answer was FOREVER!!!!  In all reality it was just a couple of weeks, because he was going out of town and going to be gone for about a week.

 
 
 
   As soon as he got back he sent me an email saying everything was good and he was available for adoption.  So I called the lady that done our homestudy and asked when she could get us started.  She said “I am going to Knoxville tomorrow, I can stop by your house on my way back home and have your home visit and start the process.”  I immediately said “YES” after I got off the phone with her, I thought to myself, we are having our homestudy visit tomorrow and I am not prepared.  With our last adoption the home visit was very stressful, I thought everything had to be spic and span, well that isn’t what she is looking at, they do want the house to be clean, but they are looking at more safety and making sure we have space for another child.  So yes I did clean but I wasn’t nearly as stressed, I just cleaned like I would normally, didn’t go above and beyond, I really didn’t have time, I had to get all the paper work filled out, because after we hung up the phone she sent it to me by email.  I was a very busy woman that night and the next day. 

I thought I would just add a few pictures of the past year that we have been home with Koby! We have had so much fun getting to know our newest addition!!!

Disney 2011

Animal Kingdom 2011


Universal Studios 2011

Momma Dylan and Koby with Mickey


Vacation 2012

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment