Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Our Newest Addition!!!

Introducing our newest addition... Henry Kweku Cook!
 
October 25, 2012, two years and ten days after we adopted Koby, we adopted Henry! We are so excited to add him to our family.  We have heard so many stories about him, from Koby and others that have went over!
 
 
They are 5 hours ahead of us over there, but 4 at the time of our adoption, and I thought I would wake up to a phone call or text or something because he had to be in court at 7 in the morning.  Well I didn't, I checked my phone all day waiting on our POA to call or send me something!FINALLY at 11:30am he called me and told me we passed court!!! They had to set in the court room all day before our case was heard.  While I was on the phone with our POA after he told me Henry was officially our son, he kept saying "ok Henry, ok" and then he told me "Henry wants to talk to his mother" oh my goodness, his little voice melted my heart!!! He can't speak english yet, so what he was saying he was being told to say but still, it was so sweet to hear him tell me he missed me and that he loved me!!!
 
 
We have had friends go over since we started the process with Henry, so we have had pictures of him brough home, that is such a blessing, everyone that knows me knows I love pictures and one of the hardest things while we were in the process with Koby was we only had one picture of him, so this time we have had pictures and facebook and even skype with Henry! Its those little things that are so important, that just help your day go by a little better. 
 
This picture was taken in January 2011 one month before we went to get Koby!
I love this! My boys as BEST FRIENDS who are now BROTHERS FOREVER!
 
on a side note, Henry is 3 months younger than Koby, look at how much taller he is!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment